Chris Dale was invited to do a webcast with XSS Rat, and why not give back to the community and say yes? The webcast discussed the following topics:
- How to become a certified SANS instructor.
- What makes you want to teach for other people.
- Advice on how to get into the hacking scene.
- How do you prioritize which services to attack first.
- Release cycles and continuous monitoring for security purposes.
- How we handle vulnerabilities / CVE’s that doesn’t necessarily have a proof-of-concept attached to them.
- Minimum Viable Penetration Testing methodology.
- Career advice and the 20/80 split of time and effort spent vs. returns on investment.
- When do you stop feeling like a script-kiddie and start feeling like a hacker.
- Suggestions on attack methodology to start finding more interesting findings.
- The origin and meaning behind River Security.
- What should you put on your resume to land your dream job.
- Tips on the hiring process and how to find talent.
We hope you find it interesting. The interview can be seen here: